Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Heart Rates and Blood Pressure

My normal blood pressure when testing it in class was a 140/60. My heart rate was at a 91. I think the reason for my blood pressure being a little high that day was because I was worried about a score on my math test, hence a slight increase.
When reclining, my blood pressure went down to a 130/70, but my heart rate went up to a 95. the reason for the decrease in blood pressure is because the blood isn't pumping as hard to send blood everywhere, like upward, but doesn't need to pump as hard going sideways. The increase in heart rate is still an enigma, and my heart rate seems to be pretty high throughout the tests for some reason.
In the ice water bath test, my blood pressure went to a 110/40, and the  heart rate went down 1 to a 94. The reason for the decrease, I really don't know, because I thought that it was supposed to increase because the heart would need to pump more blood to try and heat up the hand that was cold. Something wrong may have happened during the test.
The test after the physical activity was the craziest because of my asthma. My blood pressure went to a 140/90, which was actually quite near my normal blood pressure. The heart rate on the other hand, shot up to a 145, which was probably because of the asthma. This was obviously due to the workout, and the heart needed to continuously pump blood to all parts of the bood to replenish any energy lost after physical activity.
My heart rate after the caffinated beverage was a 75. The cause of the substantial drop may have been due to many variables. First, I was not worrying about anything anymore since I got my math test back, and it was also nighttime, which is usually the calmest time of day for me. As for the reason of the heart rate, it lowered because the blood was enhanced with more sugar, so it did not need to send as much blood to get the same amount of energy.
My mom's heart rate was a 63. She is pretty healthy for her age, and she has very little physical exercise. It is a good thing she was not angry with me at the time, or it may have been close to 100!!!
My second cousin's daughter, who is 10, had a heart rate of 87. I did not test her, but I called my cousin to test it for me and that is what he came up with. She does not have any sports, but she has a ton of extra-curricular activities that could cause her to be very stressed, like piano, school homework, japanese school, and chinese school. She has a ton of activities, but she is still fairly calm which explains her slightly high but stable blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment